- Aleppo battle: Syria rebels 'withdraw from old city' December 7, 2016The last rebel-held areas of Aleppo's old city fall to Syrian government forces, monitors say.
- Deadly quake wrecks homes in Aceh December 7, 2016An earthquake off Indonesia's northern Aceh province kills at least 52 people and destroys buildings.
- Australian court approves intersex child's surgery December 7, 2016A five-year-old child born genetically male will grow up as a sterilised female after a court ruling.
- Chapecoense plane crash: Bolivia arrests LaMia airline boss December 7, 2016Bolivian authorities arrest the head of the airline involved in the Chapecoense air disaster.
- Ghana elections: Polls to open after peace pact December 7, 2016Polls are due to open in Ghana's presidential elections, after candidates made a peace pledge.
- Aleppo battle: Syria rebels 'withdraw from old city' December 7, 2016
- Tokyo's military 'can stand toe to toe with anybody' December 7, 2016Seventy-five years after Japan unleashed one of the most devastating naval attacks in history on the US fleet at Pearl Harbor, the country has again established itself as one of the world's foremost military powers, experts say.
- US to return WWII land to Japan December 6, 2016
- The day after: Americans react to Pearl Harbor December 6, 2016On the 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor, listen to audio recordings the Library of Congress made in the days following the attack.
- Day of infamy December 6, 2016On the morning of December 7, 1941, the Japanese Imperial Navy launched a surprise attack on the US naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. More than 2,000 Americans were killed amid the bombings, which destroyed a significant number of US battleships and airplanes. In a speech to Congress the following day, President Franklin D. Roosevelt called the day of the […]
- Earthquake in Indonesia kills 52 December 7, 2016At least 25 people were killed in an earthquake that struck Indonesia's Aceh province Wednesday morning local time, according to the head of the Aceh Red Cross.
- Tokyo's military 'can stand toe to toe with anybody' December 7, 2016